Monitoring: Alumni’s careers
Aims of the project
- Setting up and implementation of the system of regular monitoring of occupational careers of alumni’s of University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Monitoring of skill match and mismatch between employers and graduates of University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Evaluation of skills and competences obtained by graduates of University of Social Sciences and Humanities during the courses of the third level education (both master and bachelor)
- Modification of teaching programmes as a result of monitoring and evaluation of skill (miss)match in the labour market.
- On-line survey with alumni of University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Focus groups (FDI) with employers employing graduates of University of Social Sciences and Humanities and graduates themselves of: sociology, clinical psychology, social psychology, cultural studies, journalism and English philology
- In-depth interviews with employers of University of Social Sciences and Humanities’ Graduates
Coordinator for Monitoring of Alumni’s Careers Agata Jastrzebowska
Izabela Grabowska, methodological expert and author of final report
Publications connected to the project
Grabowska-Lusinska I. (2013). Zrozumiec luki kompetencyjne. Rozbrat oczekiwan pracodawcow i mozliwosci absolwentow szkol wyzszych na rynku pracy [An understanding of competance gaps. Mismatch of employers’ expectations and skills of the third level graduates], Raport kocowy projektu ‘Monitoring losow zawodowych absolwentow SWPS’, Warszawa: Szkola Wyzsza Psychologii Spolecznej.
Institution and source of funding
European Social Fund granted to the University of Social Sciences and Humanities (http://www.swps.pl/english-version)